A Termite On-Ice Volunteer is a parent, guardian, or family friend that is willing to go out on the ice to guide the Termite Player and to assist the Coaching staff, when possible.
How to become a Termite On-Ice Volunteer:
- Get your USA Hockey ID. You must select "Ice Player/Coach"
- Complete your background screening. See our Screening Policy for more information and to see if you already qualify. Your screening is applicable for 2 years.
- Complete your SafeSport training. Training must be completed each year a volunteer or coach is on the ice.
- Register with AYHA. Select the Termite division and apply for the "Termite On-Ice Volunteer" Role.
- Once this is completed and verified, AYHA will issue you a Photo ID credential and credit your account for the volunteer hours. You are now set to go out on the ice!
- At the end of the season, all approved Termite On Ice Volunteers will be credited with $50 to their AYHA accounts to cover the expense of USA Hockey/Insurance/Background Screening. This credit is for use for AYHA programs and/or equipment. No cash credits will be issued. You must request this at the end of the season.
Rules for Termite On-Ice Volunteers:
- You must be on skates. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- You must have a helmet. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- You must have a Photo ID credential to step on the ice. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Please stay with your child, espeically if they are just learning to skate. If possible, please help the coaching staff as directed.
- The coaching staff is responsible for running drills and directing the practices. Please refrain from coordinating group activities - this is the responsibility of the trained/certified coaching staff.
If you have questions, please contact our Termite Director at Termites@ADKHockey.com