A Termite On-Ice Volunteer is a parent, guardian, or family friend that is willing to go out on the ice to guide the Termite Player, and to assist the Coaching staff when possible. When you are an approved Termite On-Ice Volunteer, AYHA will waive your 4 hour volunteer requirement (which costs $60 to "buy out").
How to become a Termite On-Ice Volunteer:
- Get your USA Hockey ID. You must select "Ice Player/Coach"
- Complete your background screening. See our Screening Policy for more information and to see if you already qualify. Your screening is good for 2 years.
- Register with AYHA. Select the Termite division and apply for the "Termite On-Ice Volunteer" Role.
- Once this is completed and verified, AYHA will issue you a Photo ID credential, and credit your account for the volunteer hours. You are now set to go out on the ice!
Rules for Termite On-Ice Volunteers:
- You must be on skates. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- You must have a helmet. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- You must have a Photo ID credential to step on the ice. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Please stay with your child, espeically if they are just learning to skate. If possible, please help the coaching staff as directed.
- The coaching staff is responsible for running drills and directing the practices. Please refrain from coordinating group activities - this is the responsibility of the trained/certified coaching staff.
If you have questions, please contact our Termite Director at Termites@ADKHockey.com
Approved Termite On-Ice Volunteers as of 11/5/2017: