AYHA Volunteer Policy
Thank you for your participation in AYHA! So we can better manage our organization, and to keep our hockey membership fees as low as possible, we require your help as a volunteer during the season. The volunteer policy shown below outlines the volunteer requirements for all members of our hockey association.
We hope you have a great season, thanks again for your membership and your commitment to AYHA programs.
- Family Commitment: All families must perform a total of ten (10) hours of volunteer work during the season for each registered player, with the exception of Termite families. Parents/Guardians of Termites are exempt from volunteer work.
a. For families with three (3) or more registered players within one household, your total commitment is capped at twenty (20) hours.
- Additional Hours Assignment: In some cases AYHA may assess additional hours in exchange for financial subsidy. The number of additional hours will be determined by AYHA.
- Hours Buy Out: During registration, all families will be given the opportunity to “buy out” all volunteer hours prior to the start of the season at an effective rate of $15.00 per hour. You can always decide during the year to buyout your hours – just email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
- Remaining Hours Assessment: If you have elected to work volunteer hours to meet your Family Commitment, you must work all assigned hours during the season.
a. Any hours remaining at the end of the season (March 31 of each year), will be charged at a rate of $15.00 per hour. PLUS A $25 ASSESSMENT FEE.
b. Any fees assessed for remaining hours must be paid directly to AYHA by April 30th.
c. Your volunteer hours must be completed or bought out to register for the following season.
- Volunteer Opportunities: There are several opportunities during the season to meet your volunteer hour commitment, including but not limited to:
- Work at the Concession Stand
- Supervise Open Public Skating
- Distribute skates during Open Public Skating
- Become a Board Member
- Volunteer to work on a committee
- Become a coach/assistant coach/team manager/team scheduler
- Volunteer time for special projects, such as fall and spring cleanup
- Other opportunities as indicated by AYHA
- Volunteer Hour Credits: In general, you will receive 1 hour of credit for every hour worked. The exceptions are as follows:
- Board of Directors: If you are elected or appointed to the AYHA Board of Directors, your family is Exempt from working volunteer hours.
- Coaches & Team Volunteers (8U thru 18U): Each head coach will be granted thirty (30) hour credits, that can be distributed at their discretion to assistant coaches, managers, schedulers, etc.
- Mini-Mite Coaches: Mini-Mite head coaches and assistant coaches will be given ten (10) hours credit, subject to approval from the head coach.
- Public Skating & High School Games: Volunteer time during Open Public Skating and High School Hockey games is awarded 1.5 hours of credit for every hour worked.
- Termite Level Members. Volunteer hours are not required for Termites.
Recording & Reporting of volunteer hours: All volunteer hours must be logged and reported to the Director of Concessions. Instructions can be found at the concession stand at the Glens Falls Rec Center. A summary of volunteer hours remaining, for each member,is posted here http://adkhockey.com/Site/Coaches-and-Volunteers/Volunteer-Hours. Any discrepancies must be reported to the Director of Concessions, or emailed to email@example.com ** Please log hours in the following form for all hours worked: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdPYvMSxPHQFypGmdbmBN45prMcrAInHkm7VqesELA0nSP6zQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
- Changes to this Policy: AYHA reserves the right to make changes to this policy at any time. Any changes to this policy will be posted on the AYHA website at www.adkhockey.com
- For 2020-2021, All members in good standing that did not rollover hours from the previous season can Rollover .5 (half) the hours due for the 2020-2021 season, not to exceed 5 hours/child up to 10 hours per family. Any individual who had hours rolled over from last year is not eligible for this.
(updated 2-8-2021 - updated to reflect 2020-2021 policy changes)