The American Development Model (ADM) , brought to you by USA Hockey in partnership with the NHL, provides age-appropriate guidelines and curriculum to hockey associations across America to help more kids play, love and excel in hockey. USA Hockey has instituted a structured educational system entitled ADM - American Development Model that the AYHA utilizes to educate our players and coaches.
AYHA's Mite House League is for children who have participated in youth hockey for a few years or older beginning players. The players in the Mite House are evaluated in the beginning of the season and are split equally by skill and numbers into several teams based on our registration numbers for this division. In the past few seasons, we have had up to 8 teams. An individual Coach and Assistant Coach are assigned to each team. The teams will have a practice to game ratio of approximately 3 practices for every 1 game and many of the practices will include cross-ice mini games officiated by the Coaches. Games teach the players the rules of the game and penalties that might result in players serving time in the penalty box. Focus on player development will be skating, stick handling and puck control and value of team play. The season ends in March with the "Gazzillo Cup" playoffs, named after a former AYHA member Phil Gazzillo.
- Ideal for boys and girls ages up to 8 years old and older players beginning to play hockey.
- The Mite House League is mostly comprised of Mite players ages 7 & 8.
- The number of teams can vary from season to season, based on our registration numbers. Typically we have 6-8 teams.
- All players receive an AYHA Youth Hockey jersey and socks.
- Practices and games will be held at the Glens Falls Recreation Center Rink.
- Meets twice a week and can be weekdays and weekends.
- Practices will be a combination of skating skills, stick handling, and puck control.
- The practices and games will embrace the cross-ice concepts of dividing the rink into multiple mini rinks for games and stations for skill development
Need gear for your young player? Check out our awesome EQUIPMENT PROGRAM for NEW PLAYERS.
Questions about our Mite House Program? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
*NOTES ON HOUSE LEAGUE LEVELS/DIVISIONS: At the start of the season, coaches and division directors will evaluate each player’s skill level. If it is determined that a different division is more aligned with the player’s skill level (for safety, development, or other reasons), that player will be recommended for the appropriate division. Although most level changes end up being voluntary, AYHA reserves the right to move a player at the discretion of coaches and division directors.