The American Development Model (ADM) , brought to you by USA Hockey in partnership with the NHL, provides age-appropriate guidelines and curriculum to hockey associations across America to help more kids play, love and excel in hockey. USA Hockey has instituted a structured educational system entitled ADM - American Development Model that the AYHA utilizes to educate our players and coaches.
AYHA's Squirt House League Program is for children ages 9 and 10 years old. This program is available for those who have participated in youth hockey for several years OR for those older beginning players. At the beginning of the Season, Players are evaluated and divided equally by skill and numbers into teams (varies by Season based on our registration counts). The teams are assigned a Coach and Assistant Coach. Each game is officiated, which also teaches the players the rules of the game such as icing, off sides and penalties. In addition to skating skills, stick handling and puck control, each player is taught the positions of the game and value of team play.
- All players receive an AYHA Youth Hockey jersey and socks.
- Practices and games will be held at the Glens Falls Recreation Center Rink.
- Meets twice a week.
- Practices will be a combination of skating skills, stick handling, puck control and positioning.
- The practices will embrace ½ ice and full ice drills and multiple stations for skill development.
- The program will have a practice to game ratio of approx. 3 practices for every 2 games.
*NOTES ON HOUSE LEAGUE LEVELS/DIVISIONS: At the start of the season, coaches and division directors will evaluate each player’s skill level. If it is determined that a different division is more aligned with the player’s skill level (for safety, development, or other reasons), that player will be recommended for the appropriate division. Although most level changes end up being voluntary, AYHA reserves the right to move a player at the discretion of coaches and division directors.