AYHA's Squirt House League program is for children ages 9 and 10 years old. It is not only for those who have participated in youth hockey for several years, but for those older beginning players. At the beginning of the season the players are evaluated and divided equally by skill and numbers into teams (varies by Season based on our registration counts).The teams are assigned a coach and assistant coach and will have a practice to game ratio of 3 practices for every 2 games. Each game is officiated, which also teaches the players the rules of the game such as icing, off sides and penalties. In addition to skating skills, stick handling and puck control, each player is taught the positions of the game and value of team play.
- All players receive an AYHA Youth Hockey jersey and socks.
- Practices and games will be held at the Glens Falls Recreation Center rink.
- Meets twice a week approx. 1 hour and 10 minutes long.
- Practices will be a combination of skating skills, stick handling, puck control and positioning.
- The practices will embrace ½ ice and full ice drills and multiple stations for skill development.
- The program will have a practice to game ratio of approx. 3 practices for every 2 games.