1. USA HOCKEY and NYSAHA playing rules shall be used in all divisions.
2. All Games:
a. All Bantam and Pee Wee periods will be 15 minutes.
b. All Squirt periods will be 12 minutes.
c. All minor penalties will be 1 minute 30 seconds.
d. All major penalties will be 5 minutes.
e. Misconducts will be 10 minutes.
f. Game Misconduct will be an ejection plus 1 game
g. 2nd Game Misconduct will be an ejection from tournament
3. NO OVERTIME except in Championship games.
4. Overtime Rules:
a. In championship games, if there is a tie at the end of regulation time, there will be a five-minute sudden death period. If a tie still exists at the end of that period, there shall be a one-minute break and a second five-minute sudden death period of 4 players on 4 players. If after the second overtime period a tie exists, there shall be a shootout. Shoot rules are as follows: Each team picks five players. Starting with the visiting team, each player one at a time shoots at the opposing goalie, alternating teams. If after the first set of players there is still a tie, a sudden death shootout will occur with the teams alternating shooters one at a time until a winner is announced. Players may not shoot a second time until all players have had their chance.
5. The ice shall be resurfaced between games.
6. Each team is required to supply one penalty box attendant for each of their games.
7. Only team members wearing helmets will be allowed on players bench. Coaches must sign the score sheets.
8. The HOME team shall wear light/white jerseys and the visiting team shall wear dark jerseys.
9. STANDINGS: The standings shall be determined on a total points basis. Two points for a win, one point for a tie, and zero points for a loss.
10. TIE-BREAKER RULES:
a. Game Points
b. Head to Head (not applicable if 3 or more teams are tied)
c. Goals allowed (least total goals allowed)
d. Goal differential (Maximum Differential = 5 Goals)
f. Least penalty minutes
g. Coin flip (home team will be "Heads")
11. MERCY RULE: A mercy rule is in effect for all games other than the championship game.
a. At the conclusion of the second period of play, should a team lead its opponent by at least five goals, the third period shall be played RUNNING TIME (regardless of subsequent scores).
b. During the third period of play, should a team lead its opponent by at least five goals, the game will be played from that point RUNNING TIME (regardless of subsequent scores).
c. Running time will not stop during a penalty. The only occasion running time will stop would be for an injury.
12. Each team may have one (1) one-minute time out during Championship Games ONLY.
13. Teams should be prepared to take the ice 15 minutes prior to their scheduled start time.
14. DAMAGES: Each team shall be responsible for any damages found to be caused by its players, team officials, or fans to any of the facilities used during the tournament